How to create My Handbook
The Canadian Consumer Handbook offers information on consumer topics to help you build your buying skills.
- Use the Handbook
Browse through the topics on the left hand side of the screen or use the search function to find consumer information. Each topic also includes a list of contacts should you require more information.
- About the Canadian Consumer Handbook
The Handbook is a source of trusted consumer information. It was created and is updated by the Consumer Measures Committee, a joint committee of federal, provincial and territorial governments. The objective of the Handbook is to help Canadian consumers become better-informed and more confident.
- Create My Handbook
This site also allows you to create a customized version of the Handbook (My Handbook) by selecting topics of interest to you.
To add a topic to My Handbook:
- Browse the entire Consumer Handbook using the menu on the left.
- Use the checkboxes to add a section or an entire category to your Handbook.
- You may also use the “Add this page to My Handbook” option found in the top right hand corner of each information section.
- Review your Handbook by going to “Manage My Handbook”. On this page you can add or remove sections before choosing to print or download a PDF version of your Handbook.